The Science of Progress
From discovery to enterprise
Genomics - the study of genes, gene sequences and their functions - has yielded unprecedented insight into what makes us, and the world around us, work. Each new discovery offers vast potential for improving life as we know it, but discovery is just the beginning of the journey. Taking what we know and transforming it into solutions representing significant advancements in health, well-being and livelihood is the ultimate destination.
The HudsonAlpha Institute is the cornerstone of a 150-acre biotech campus strategically located in Cummings Research Park, the nation's second largest research park. The non-profit institute is an integral part of Alabama's life sciences community.
- Develop high-throughput research tools that focus on why disease occurs and to rapidly apply this knowledge to help patients
- Establish a biotechnology campus that will be a synergistic cluster of researchers and entrepreneurs
- Educate the students, teachers and citizens of Alabama to the benefits of biotechnology
- Enhance Alabama’s reputation, economic status and educational resources
- Facilitate the sharing of intellectual and physical resources to the benefit of the entire state
- Provide the challenging and rewarding job opportunities required for our best and brightest to remain in Alabama
- Connect the state’s strength in basic and clinical research with the institute’s high throughput approach and entrepreneurial environment
- Inform and inspire teachers, professors and students through summer biotech camps and distance learning programs
- Spur, nurture and grow Alabama biotechnology firms by providing a supporting, entrepreneurial environment
We believe a self-governed institute, affiliated with major research institutions, will provide the energy, inspiration and creative atmosphere to accomplish these goals and objectives.
The HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology and the
CRP Biotech Campus are proud to be tobacco free.
HudsonAlpha Institute Conflict of Interest Policy