Genes & Greens is a three-week summer program at the HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology, where students will see first-hand how genetic research is shaping the future of farming by improving agriculture and protecting the environment.
- Experience cutting-edge plant genome research in the HudsonAlpha labs and in the fields
- Delve into CRISPR gene editing, selective breeding, biofuel crops and much more
- Explore how genetic research will impact the future of farming and food security
- Learn the latest in molecular biology lab techniques and bioinformatics tools relating to genetics and agriculture
- Discover if a career in science or the biotechnology of agriscience is right for you
Genes & Greens: The Tech of Plant Science is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. OIA-1826781. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.