Find Lab & Office Space
HudsonAlpha’s bioscience campus provides competitive advantages for success, whether you are starting a new company, growing an existing company or searching for your next biotech destination.
HudsonAlpha has become a national and international leader in biotech education, genetics and genomics research, and fosters more than 45 diverse biotech companies on campus.
HudsonAlpha’s Biotechnology 152-acre campus offers:
- 270,000 square feet of world-class, state-of-the-art laboratory and office space in the flagship building in 601 Genome Way
- LEED certified, 88,000 square feet of lab and office spaces to suit companies in a range of sizes, single workstations, and ability to grow incrementally with labs ranging in size from 200 square feet to over 1,000 square in 701 McMillian Way
- 108,000 square feet of lab and office space for small and medium-sized companies as they grow or scale in 800 Hudson Way
- Shared spaces and services with no added costs
- Sites for developing bioscience headquarters, R&D facilities, lab, office, and manufacturing space
- A collaborative and entrepreneurial culture, in a growing biotech hub, to support the growth and success of life sciences companies of all sizes and stages
601 Genome Way, which opened in 2007, boasts a striking, open architecture designed to facilitate collaboration. Lab spaces in the flagship building are built to the National Institutes of Health standards for biosafety, with single-pass air and emergency power. Individual offices for 5-year leases available to accompany lab spaces..
In 2012, 701 McMillian Way opened for biotech companies with the desire and need for more compartmentalized space. Labs, offices, and individual workstations are available for lease to bioscience companies.
Lease 800 Hudson Way
The Paul Propst Center (800 Hudson Way), opened in 2018, continuing the HudsonAlpha campus theme of space designed for collaborations between researchers, educators, clinicians and entrepreneurs.
- On-site IT services with multiple, diverse path ISP up to 200G providing reliability, control, capacity, and speed
- Utilities (Power, water, sewer, internet)
- Centralized supply procurement
- Centralized shipping and receiving
- Facility maintenance
- 24/7 onsite security provided by the Huntsville Police Department
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Multiple common use spaces available for resident associate companies including the atrium, library/board room, auditorium, educational classroom, conference rooms on all floors in each building, break rooms and, kitchenettes;
- Other amenities include an onsite cafe serving breakfast and lunch, onsite catering services, wellness center, and multiple vending areas.
Get Here | Transportation
The HudsonAlpha Biotech campus is only minutes from the Port of Huntsville (Huntsville International Airport, International Intermodal Center and Foreign Trade Zone #83). The Port of Huntsville offers air cargo services to Europe (Luxembourg), Asia (Hong Kong, Shanghai, China) and South America (Sao Paulo, Brazil) and passenger services to multiple U.S. cities. Additionally, the HudsonAlpha Biotech campus has convenient access to Interstate-565, Interstate-65, the Tennessee River Waterway system and Norfolk Southern rail service through the International Intermodal Center Rail Cargo Center.
Points of Interest
|Interstate 565:||approx. 3.0 miles away|
|Interstate 65:||approx. 17.0 miles away|
|Huntsville International Airport/Port of Huntsville:||approx. 10.0 miles away|
|Pryor Field Regional Airport:||approx. 22.0 miles away|
|Madison County Executive Airport:||approx. 16.0 miles away|
|Norfolk Southern Rail Access/Intermodal:||approx. 9.0 miles away|
|Distance/Drive time to downtown Nashville:||approx. 109 miles / 1h 45m|
|Distance/Drive time to downtown Birmingham:||approx. 99 miles / 1h 30m|
HudsonAlpha & Huntsville
Alabama is home to more than 550 bioscience companies, and more than 10,000 Alabamians work in biosciences. There are over 1,100 people working on the HudsonAlpha Campus from both the HudsonAlpha Institute and the more than 45 associate companies that call the campus home
Nestled between the Tennessee River and the Appalachian Mountains, Huntsville and the greater Tennessee Valley community welcomes people from all over the world in its varied terrain of mountains and valleys. Among its many booming industries, Huntsville is home to Redstone Arsenal and NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, along with Space Camp.