G. Cooper Lab
Greg Cooper, Ph.D.Faculty Investigator (read bio)
- Structures, functions, and evolutionary histories of human genomes
- Applying genomic approaches to study human disease
- Discovery of disease-associated variation
- Comparative genomics and molecular evolution
- Gene expression regulation and variation
- Structural genomic variation
- Computational genomics and methods development
Information for the science community can be found by going to the personal webpage Greg Cooper's Lab at HudsonAlpha.
A new partnership between the Genetics and Genomic Sciences (GGS) Graduate Program and research juggernaut HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology in Huntsville will substantially increase UAB’s expertise and exposure in the area of genomics and give students the opportunity to engage in large-scale genomic analyses.
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - DNA data from hundreds of North Alabama children and their parents will soon be part of a major new genetic study of childhood diseases led by Huntsville's HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology and including the University of Alabama in Birmingham. The National Institutes of Health announced a $7.6 million research grant Tuesday to the non-profit institute for the study.